We are always pleased to welcome new members. As well as acting and directing there are always opportunities to help with set building, front of house, and much more. No experience is necessary. Just come along to any reading or audition published on this website and introduce yourself. Whether you want to be in a play or just help back stage or front of house you will always be made welcome.
As a member of Faringdon Dramatic Society you can …
- Have the opportunity to audition and perform in any of our three productions a year.
- Promote, direct or produce a play of your own choosing. (Guidance documents available on our website.)
- Take part in the many production team roles either on or off stage.
- Attend play readings held throughout the year.
- Have your own work read and possibly put on by the society.
- Go on the occasional organised theatre trip.
- Join us for our annual summer barbecue and Christmas dinner.
- Take part in our exchange opportunities with Garrison Little Theatre in Fort Erie, Ontario, Canada.
- Receive emails concerning the various activities provided by the society and emails forwarded from related societies or other bodies that may be of interest.
- Have access to the membership area of our website, where you can find all the various documents and policies produced by the society.
- Attend our AGM to have your say and to elect members of the committee.
- Join a truly democratic and sociable group of like-minded people of all ages and make new friends (especially if you are new to the area).
- Generally help to provide quality entertainment for the local community and promote the theatre experience to both the young and old.
- And finally don’t forget the after-show parties.
Any person wishing to take part in a production, whether on stage or off, will be asked to become a member of the society and contribute to the running costs* by paying either an annual or a single production fee. This fee also covers the cost of insurance, which is essential for any member of the cast or production crew. The cost of full annual membership is £20.00 per head. Children under the age of 18 will be included with an adult membership, free of charge. Membership for involvement in a single production if you do not wish to join as a full member is £15.00. The annual membership renewal becomes due at the AGM held each year in May.
We have provided a number of ways for you to pay:
- Download and fill in our FDS-MembershipForm.pdf and bring it with you to the AGM, together with your cash or cheque (payable to Faringdon Dramatic Society).
- Fill in the Online Membership Form below then log in separately to your own bank and make a one-off direct payment to Lloyds TSB using the details that already have been or will be provided on request. Or if you prefer, our regular members might like to set up an annual standing order payment dated for the 1st May each year. There are no bank charges for paying by this method. This is the preferred method if you miss paying at the AGM.
- Fill in the Online Membership Form below then either pay immediately online via PayPal or your debit/credit card using the links provided or bring a cheque to the next meeting. Please note that we lose money in bank charges (£1.05-1.56) if you pay online. If you have already submitted a membership form this year but not yet paid and wish to pay online you can go straight to our payment pagehere.
Online Membership Form
For family membership please submit a separate form for each member (but only pay once).
Faringdon Dramatic Society FDS is an amateur theatre group and a non-profit organisation. All money received from membership fees, ticket and bar sales, and the occasional donation is used to cover the running costs of our productions. The greatest expenditure is for venue hire for both rehearsals and performances, copyright licensing, and insurance. Other expenses include staging, lighting, costumes, and props.